Sunday 21 July 2013

Train, pain, complain

Weekly mileage is going up in preparation for our first 100 miler in 2 weeks time - this is getting tough now.

Over the last couple of weeks we have both racked up a few injuries due to 'clip in pedal incidents':

Gillian has a bruise that runs from wrist to elbow which, after moving through several shades, has settled on a claret, moving towards an inky blue black.  This was after trying her new clip in shoes with such enthusiasm and confidence that she didn't have a sneaky practice first, so came to a halt and went over like a felled tree.

I suffered a similar fate last week after a miscommunication between me and Chris made me swerve to avoid a car that didn't exist!  I ended up on the deck with the bike on top of me.  Result - swollen shin bone, bruised shoulder, bruised knee, bruised pride.

At the time of writing I have aching knees, shoulders, lower back and buttocks following today's 77 mile ride.  I felt tired before I started, but figured it was good to train tired and work on some steely determination!  Unfortunately for Chris, this involves me complaining quite a lot as we cycle along - today I even moaned about the fact that he claims I moan (oh dear).  Sorry Chris.



1 comment:

  1. This is so interesting blog. You are best listing knowledge provide at this site. I am very excited read this nice article. You can visit my website.
    macclesfield personal trainer

    ReplyDelete