Saturday 31 August 2013

Between two hundreds

The last 4 weeks have been a lot quieter cycling-wise.  The London to Surrey race was such a high, we both suffered a bit of a come down the following week, so not much cycling was done.  We also needed our tired legs to recover!  Chris and I had our first cycling-free weekend for quite a while which felt weird.  It wasn't till week 2 when Gillian and I met up again for our usual Tuesday night cycle that I started to get going again.

In an attempt to get myself motivated, I decided to sign up with a personal trainer at the gym.  This is a first for me, and I have already spent several days wincing as I try to get downstairs 2 days after my training session.  I am trying a lot of new workouts though; including weights, lunges, squats, boxing, medicine ball excercises and pull ups; and am hoping that by week 10, which is just before we leave for Cuba, I will be noticing the difference.  I WILL have a core of steel!

This is my mantra when my trembling muscles are on the verge of collapse.

I am also trying to shed a few pounds - less to pedal up a hill!!  I get a steady stream of emails from new personal trainer with healthy eating options and work outs, which are working well as a naughty food deterrent.  I am also now keeping a food diary, and don't want to have to confess that I ate a Double Decker on Wednesday afternoon - so am changing it for apple and nuts.  Still need to work a bit on the wine and nibbles intake...........one step at a time.

Now getting ready for our second 100 miler which is tomorrow.  Kit is ready and Chris is outside cleaning and tweaking the bikes.  In this, I am happy to be a useless girl - I will make the sandwiches.  Sorry to all modern women with excellent bike maintenance skills.  If it helps, I am a little ashamed of my inability to fix a puncture, but kid myself that I would figure it out if it happened.

Hopefully the lanes of Cheshire will be kind to us  :D










No comments:

Post a Comment