Monday 1 April 2013

Downhill isn't always easier

Over the last month I have had 2 stinking colds, the second worse than the first.

The first one meant no training for a week.  When I ventured back to the gym I was rather disappointed to find I was struggling with my usual 40 minute spin class.  It took a week and a half of hard sessions to get back to where I was before cold no 1.

I am now just recovering from cold no 2 and again have been out of the gym for a week (10 days really if you count the weekends).  I am annoyed that I am going to have to go through the same uphill struggle again to get back to square one!  I managed a 3.5 mile run today to dust off the cobwebs, but it wasn't easy.

I think I have reached a training low point.  Need to dig up some strength of character and just crack on for a couple of weeks to get back on track.

A glass of sauv blanc will help with that.......

No comments:

Post a Comment