Sunday 20 October 2013

This is it!

I have Cuban music playing and the bed is covered with piles of clothes, cycling gear, swimwear, travel books, waterproofs, toiletries and footballs*.  It's packing time!

*these were kindly donated by the Umbro equipment team.  Women v Cancer were hoping to be able to donate some of the funds raised by this event to a cancer charity in Cuba, but this has not been possible.  Instead they have arranged for us to visit a couple of schools, so we are all taking gifts.

They are also going to act as space savers for any purchases I (might) make in Cuba!

We have been advised to pack a days supply of clothes in our hand luggage, including cycle helmet, just in case our luggage doesn't make it, so that at least we can start the cycle.  Good idea, but not inspiring me with a lot of confidence about the rest of my stuff arriving safely!  Needless to say, the posh shorts are with me in my hand luggage.

After over a year and a half of training, fundraising and planning, Cycle Cuba is here.  It's a quick pasta, glass of red and early to bed as I need to be at the airport just after 4.  Ouch!

Apparently internet access can be a bit unreliable in Cuba, so I am going to keep a written diary and update the blog when I get back, so fear not avid readers - all the details will follow eventually - you just have to be patient!!!!!






No comments:

Post a Comment