Sunday 29 September 2013

It's All in the (L)egs

Last weekend we decided to reduce our mileage a bit but devise a route that incorporated 2 decent climbs to keep it challenging - a 33 mile loop incorporating Artist's Lane in Alderley Edge, and Pott Shrigley, although I still haven't made it all the way to the top of PS (yet).


The whole route is fairly undulating as you can see from the elevation chart, so it is a decent work out for a shorter ride.

I tried to keep a good pace going, so was starting to feel it in my legs on the way back, and my mind wandered on to the thought of what I would have to eat when I got back.  This keeps me going!

I had a craving for scrambled eggs!  I decided to share this with Chris as we were cycling along, and he promptly told me that we only had 2 eggs, which was not going to cut the mustard with 2 hungry cyclists.  Luckily, I remembered that there was a farm stall that we passed on the route back, and even better - Chris had brought his wallet (I cycle like the queen - no cash).


Fresh eggs en route!
Gillian and I had passed this little cart several times on our evening training route and she always wanted to stop and buy eggs, but we never did.  Today, I was not going past without picking up half a dozen.

The climb up Pott Shrigley was then fuelled by the thought of the brunch I was going to make, which was getting bigger and bigger by the mile!

Scrambled eggs, wholemeal toast, veggie sausage, grilled tomatoes (home grown) and beans.  Cup of tea  - aah

It took about 20 minutes to prepare, and 5 minutes to reduce to:


Comfy chair anyone?!!



No comments:

Post a Comment